|The mission of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.|
| EURO/16/TASR61 |
National Professional Officer - Pharmacist
Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
6 months (* see under additional information)
| 23 May 2016 |
5 June 2016
(10 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
EU Europe (EU) /
EURO Europe Regional Office (EU/RGO)
WHO Country office in Turkey / DCH- Division of Communicable Diseases and Health Security
The objectives of WHO's emergency programme are to design and implement programmes that prepare the health sector to deal with emergencies and that improve health during and after crises. Within the emergency programme, the objectives of WHO's emergency response team are to support Member States by: (1) promptly assessing health needs of populations affected by crisis, identifying priority causes of ill-health and death; preparing damage estimates and emergency response and rehabilitation plans; providing prompt, credible health information and ensuring the continuity of essential health services;
(2) coordinating and monitoring emergency health relief efforts under the Aegis of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee Health Cluster, of which WHO is the lead agency; (3) ensuring that critical gaps in the health response are rapidly identified and filled; (4) revitalizing and building the capacity of national health systems to deal with preparedness, mitigation and response.
- To act as a focal person in the WHO Country Office to manage medicines related work through coordination with health authorities, donors and health partners in Turkey.
- To provide technical assistance to health partners for developing essential drug lists for different types of health care in northern Syria.
- To advise and support WHO local and international pharmaceutical procurement and delivery for the cross border operation in northern Syria.
- To provide technical assistance to the health partners for development, implementation and monitoring of medicines policy and action plan in line with WHO´s Medicines Strategy.
- To establish mechanisms, in collaboration with health partners, for streamlining medicine supplies and their management both for emergencies and routine health services.
- To build the capacity of the health partners to effectively manage pharmaceutical in northern Syria in terms of necessary regulations development and their implementation.
- To initiate a programme of training and capacity building in the areas of medicine supply management, quality control, storage,
dispensing, prescription and use of medicines in line with national treatment.
Essential: University degree in pharmacy.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of emergency relief policies and practices within the UN, other UN Specialized Agencies and NGOs.
- Excellent computer skills with ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, other relevant software.
1) Producing results: Ability to prioritize, organize, manage and adapt management style according to need.
2) Communicating in a credible and effective way: Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to convene
stakeholders and facilitate a policy process among UN, NGOs and donors.
3) Respecting and Promoting individual and cultural differences: Treats all people with dignity and respect, relates well to people
with different cultures, gender, orientation, backgrounds and/or positions. Considers issues from the perspective of others and
values their diversity.
See WHO Global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/competencies/en/
Essential: At least two years of experience in pharmaceutical supplies in emergencies at the national level.
Essential: Excellent written and spoken English and local language.
Desirable: Knowledge of another WHO language Russian, French, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish or German).
(*) Extension of appointment is subject to a) satisfactory performance, b) continued need for the function, and c) availability of funds.
Similar positions at the same grade may be filled using this vacancy notice.
Long-listed candidates may be contacted to sit a written test or presentation prior to final short-listing. This does not preclude a written test or presentation prior to final interview.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually.
This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of TURKEY will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of TURKEY will not be considered. Please REFRAIN from applying if you are not a national of TURKEY.
|(Net of tax)|
New Turkish Lira 11,768.5 at single rate
New Turkish Lira 152 month/child up to 6 children with primary dependants
Sağlık Aktüel - www.saglikaktuel.com
YASAL UYARI: Yayınlanan köşe yazısı/haberin tüm hakları Sağlık Aktüel’e (www.saglikaktuel.com) aittir. www.saglikaktuel.com biçiminde aktif bağlantı kurulabilir, açık kaynak gösterilmek kaydıyla içerik kullanılabilir. Açık kaynak göstermeden yapılan alıntılar için yasal işlem uygulanacaktır.